Saturday, October 13, 2012
This is our newest finished project. It's been a while since we've had one of those around here. This quilt was really fun to make because it is very different than any other quilt we have made. We've been collecting fabric remnants for a while in hopes of someday making a quilt. We also threw in some scraps, which we weren't so sure about at first, that we now love.
On this quilt we tried two new things. 1) We used pins to baste. The pins were just as easy as the basting spray, maybe even easier. The quilt was not as stiff with the pins, making it easier to machine quilt.We also preferred the pins because we don't like the sticky-stinky part of spray basting. We are definitely using pins in the future! 2) We pieced our batting together. We were all out of batting, and we had so many scraps that we figured we would give it a try. We butted up 2 batting scraps and sewed using a zigzag stitch on our walking foot. It was a great way to save money and get rid of the enormous heap of batting scraps that we are collecting. :)
The quilt pattern is Jellybean by Thimble Blosssoms. This quilt pattern is super easy...even beginners can make it!
This quilt is posted in our etsy shop.